Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Summary not working Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Author Message
louisville2k10
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Quote louisville2k10 Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 4:08am
Dell, that actually doesn't work. What that is getting me is the sum for each user. I need the sum for the entire department.

Edited by louisville2k10 - 08 Feb 2011 at 4:15am
Thanks for your help!
IP IP Logged
louisville2k10
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Sep 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 45
Quote louisville2k10 Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 4:12am
Keikoku,
Yes, that's exactly right - I want the "huge" number on the last page (or the final running total) to be displayed for each user (pages 1 thru 500+). I want to use it as a way to reference the user's total to the sum of all of the users.
 
 
Thanks for your help!
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 5:47am
I'm guessing you're aiming to show the overall average so users gauge how they did compared to others.

From my understanding, placing a running total (or an whilereadingrecords variable) in the page footer would only show the total so far.

Only in the report footer does it show the grand total of all (relevant) records. It would be nice if we can assign the grand total to a variable that would remain constant and then just place that variable in the page footer...but I haven't gotten any leads on how to do that.

I came across this thread. I have not tried it, but it may help. I don't know if can go well with the Manned condition though.

http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=111265

Edited by Keikoku - 08 Feb 2011 at 5:52am
IP IP Logged
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum