In one sense you are correct, there is only one place for detail sections, but you can have multiple sections. They end up being labeled Detail a , Details b, etc.
Since I threw this together in a hurry let me see if I can offer a way for you to layout the report. Since I don’t have data I cannot troubleshoot the problem
Group 1 Header Group by Division - DivisionDataField
Group 2 Header Group by Account Number - then layout Column Labels
Group 2 Details datafields
Group 2 Footer (suppress)
Group 3 Header Group by Journal Ety No. (suppress)
Group 3 Footer Column Labels under the column labels place the datafields from Command Object containing data for the footer.
If you need total amounts for Group 3 create an SELECT Statement that sums the amount and groups by Division, Journal Ety No.
Then link ( Use the DataBase Expert – linking tab) the command objects Command Object 1 which should hold the Group 1 and 2 data with the Group 3 data. I am guessing Division should be the linking fields since it is the main group. The type of join can impact the data returned, you will need to use the appropriate type.
This will keep you in the confines of a single detail section. There is probably a way to do it with multiple detail sections but this should be simpler.
What this gives you, assuming it works, is improved performance over a design that uses a subreport. Also it cleans up the ability to pass in parameters, your report selection parameters.
Hope this helps, again this is a quick response so you may have to work with it and others on the forum can correct any errors in what I have suggested.
Regards,
John W.