Thanks for your quick reply and asking for the details. Let me try to make an attempt of requirement.
1. The product is being sold to different locations(customer) on differnt date.
2. The report should have the following outputs
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Customer no Cust Name Product code Part Id Units_sold Revenue Margin
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. User will pass on the below parameters while running the report
Currency, Sales_channel, Sales_person, Product Line, Year & Quarter
4. Based on the year & Quarter, system should identify new customer details.
5. What is the logic need to be used to identify new customer?
For ex: Year = 2010 and Quarter = 3
In this case I need to identify all the new customers from 01-Jul-2010 to 31-Sept-2010 by checking these three months data against previous years sales data (ie, from 01-Jul-2009 to 31-Jun-2010) . If I don't find the record existence in the previous year, then those records are considered as new sales for the quarter 3 and year 2010.
Where am I stuck up currently?
1. Through record selection, I am able to retrieve 15 months of records (ie, considering the above example from 01-Jul-2009 to 31-Sept-2010).
2. I have designed the report format and wrote the formula for each fields.
3. Not sure what extractly need to do on report footer section to pull out new customer records for the given quarter....
If you could advise on this(point 3) would be greately helpful as I have been trying this for almost a week of time.
Regards,