Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Highlight Alternate Group Footer Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Barris
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 May 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote Barris Replybullet Topic: Highlight Alternate Group Footer
     Posted: 09 May 2008 at 11:24am
I have a report that is suppressing the detail section and printing the group footer section only.  I want to highlight every other group footer.  I can find code to do this in the detail section but can't figure it out for the group footer section.  I am using Crystal XI.
IP IP Logged
imstillfishing
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 May 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote imstillfishing Replybullet Posted: 10 May 2008 at 6:42am
Barris - you can do this by creating a shared variable.
For example, create a forumla like so
If shared numbervar X = 1 then
 shared numbervar X := 0
else
 Shared numbervar X:=1
 
In the footer's color propery set the following
 If shared numbervar X = 0 then
 grey
else
 white
 
If you wanted to you wrap both sets of code into the footer's color properties like so - but should set your variable in the report header or somewhere in the begining of the report so you know for sure what the value will be at the start of the report. Not necessary, but that is what I prefer to do.
 
 if shared numbervar X = 1  then
(
  shared numbervar X:= 0
  grey
)
else
(
  shared numbervar X:= 1
  white
)
 
Can't promise the syntax is completely correct, but I think you get the idea.
IP IP Logged
Barris
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 May 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote Barris Replybullet Posted: 12 May 2008 at 12:42pm
Star  I tried your first suggestion and it worked like a charm....THANKS!!!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum