Joined: 08 May 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Topic: Different Markers for Different Data Lines Posted: 08 May 2008 at 12:18pm
I would like to make a line graph with markers that does something seemingly simple, but I can't seem to find where to make the necessary changes. I have a graph that has two lines of data. I'd like to have the markers be different for each line, like rectangles on one and diamonds on another. Is this possible?
I'm using the Crystal Reports included with Visual Studio .NET 2005.
Joined: 08 May 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 09 May 2008 at 7:27am
Ok, I guess I was right in that it was a simple solution. I just created two different graphs with transparent backgrounds and overlayed them, each with different markers. Thanks anyway.
Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 377
Posted: 12 May 2008 at 5:09am
As a caveat, that can end up going wrong. Crystal does a lot of automatic formatting of its charts. When your data changes, it could potentially end up changing the size of one chart, and not the other. I've had that happen before when I tried to do this. If you have a static Y-axis (say, a percentile graph), then it's less likely to be an issue. But, it's something to be aware of.
Joined: 08 May 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 14 May 2008 at 6:08am
Yes, I've definitely run into a lot of automatic chart formatting issues, but this particular graph is a percentile graph so I haven't run into resizing problems. Also, I'm not sure if there's any other way to do it. Thanks for the heads up, though.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum