Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Image Binary Field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
rjunio
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 07 May 2008
Location: Brazil
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote rjunio Replybullet Topic: Image Binary Field
     Posted: 07 May 2008 at 7:28am

Hi everybody,

I’m storing a file (.doc) into an image binary field in SQL Server. But I can’t output them in crystal report 9.0. Works perfectly when the file is an image. Could some one help me with this problem? I’m trying hard a long time.

 

[]’s



Cry
Cry

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 07 May 2008 at 10:36am
have you tried adding an OLE object to Crystal? You need a control that natively displays the binary format you are working with.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
rjunio
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 07 May 2008
Location: Brazil
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote rjunio Replybullet Posted: 08 May 2008 at 6:37am

Could you give me an example? I’ve already try it, but I only know how to insert a static .doc file.

 

Thank you for your attention.

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 08 May 2008 at 7:28am
I'm not very familiar with SQL server - does it have a "typed" blob field for images or is this just a plain blob field?  It probably won't work from an Image type field as Crystal will want to display it as an image.  The only image types that it will display are .bmp, .tiff, .jpg, .png, and .wmf.
 
I just did some quick checking in Crystal, I don't think that there's a way to do this.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum