Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Help with report summary Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
cyber-guys
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 02 May 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Quote cyber-guys Replybullet Topic: Help with report summary
     Posted: 02 May 2008 at 8:28am
I'm a bit of a newbie so please bear with me.
 
I have a report that lists the contents of a truck by pallet & weight - 100# of this, 200# of that, another 100# of this, etc. - I need to add a summary of the total weight of each stock#  on the truck.
 
Could someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction?
 
Thanks in advance,
Cyber-guys
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2008 at 9:38am
You can create a group based on the stock # of the truck and this will bring all those records together. Then right-click on the weight and select Add Summary. This lets you choose to put a sub-total in the group footer or a grand total in the report footer.

I cover how to create groups and show sub-totals in Chapter 3 of my Encylopedia book. You can find out more about my books at Amazon.com or reading the Crystal Reports eBooks online.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
cyber-guys
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 02 May 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Quote cyber-guys Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2008 at 2:48pm
Brian - I gave it a try and what I got was the detail list was reordered by stock# and a sum for each # was inserted after the detail for that #
 
What I need is for the stock # summary to follow the detail section
 
Do I need to do a subreport for that to happen?
 
Thanks in advance,
Cyber-guys
 
PS - you should offer a combo deal on your book - printed book plus online access for those of us who prefer paper but still need online access, etc.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum