Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: I can't solve this..!!! Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
tvenstrup
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 May 2008
Location: Denmark
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote tvenstrup Replybullet Topic: I can't solve this..!!!
     Posted: 05 May 2008 at 1:29am
Hi everyone,
 
I'm new to crystal reports and i'm having trouble with a report. (I'm working in Crystal Reports 8).
 
My problem is: I'm having a database which contains members of a society where they pay membership fee every year. What I want to do is to check if any given member have paid in year 2007, but not in 2008.
 
When i extract the data from the database it returns every year the member has paid. But i can only look at one row (year) at a time so how do i check two rows for the same member at the same time.
 
Something like this: if(memberPaid2007 = True and memberPaid2008 = false)?
 
Well... Maybe it is not the right place to drop the question, but just need help :)
Thanks to all who read it..
 
Best regards,
 
Rasmus
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 05 May 2008 at 8:30am
I think the easiest way to do this is to use a cross-tab object. For the columns use the date field and only display the year. That way the first row will show 2007 and the second row is 2008. That will let you compare the two years side-by-side.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum