Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: HELP!!! How to select multiple options in param Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
ME55ENGER
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 May 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote ME55ENGER Replybullet Topic: HELP!!! How to select multiple options in param
     Posted: 02 May 2008 at 6:59am
I am creating my first report in Crystal.  I am stumped on the last parameter I need to add.  Here is my situation:
 
I have 6 different options for this parameter - Open, Closed, Completed, Monitoring, Escalated, and Flagged for QA. 
 
The user needs to be able to select all of these individually, or select what I am calling OPEN - ALL or CLOSED - ALL.  OPEN - ALL needs to include Open, Monitoring, Escalated, and Flagged for QA.  CLOSED - ALL needs to include Closed and Completed.  I can not figure out how to do this.  Please Help!!!
IP IP Logged
Seva
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 01 May 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote Seva Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2008 at 8:33am

Create 2 Parameter Fields in your report:

  1. {?Status}
  2. {?AllStatus}

Values for {?status} – "None","Open","Closed","Completed","Monitoring","Escalated"

"Flagged for QA"

Values for {?AllStatus} – "None", "Open-All", "Closed-All"

Create formula in the filter:

(

if {?AllStatus} = "None" then TableName.Field = {?Status}

else

if {?AllStatus} = "Open-All" and {?Status} = "None"

then TableName.Field in ["Open","Monitoring","Escalated","Flagged for QA"]

else

if {?AllStatus} = "Closed-All" and {?Status} = "None"

then TableName.Field in ["Closed","Completed"]

else TableName.Field = ""

)

 

TableName.Field is your DB field where these values – "Open", "Close", e.t.c.

are stored.

Thanks,
Seva
IP IP Logged
ME55ENGER
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 May 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote ME55ENGER Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2008 at 8:52am

Seva,

Thank you a thousand times for this.  It works beautifully.  Thanks.Big%20smile

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum