Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Show only certain records/but graph all data- Help Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
centon
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 30 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote centon Replybullet Topic: Show only certain records/but graph all data- Help
     Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 10:46am
I am trying to create a report that shows polling data and here is the problem that I am encountering.

I only want to show the last fifteen records but I want graphs that work off of all records.

For instance, when I only show the fifteen records, my graphs will only reflect that data.  I want the graphs to look at all the data but only want to display the most recent fifteen.

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks. 
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 01 May 2008 at 10:29pm
YOu could do two things. First, use a subreport for the chart that shows all the data plotted. Secondly, use a conditional formula that hides any record after the fifteenth one printed. That way the data is still there for CR to chart it, but it will be hidden from the report.

I cover a multitude of examples for using formulas in your report in Chapers 5-7 in my Encyclopedia book. You can find out more about my books at Amazon.com or reading the Crystal Reports eBooks online.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum