Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: dynamic cascading Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
fusion
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Quote fusion Replybullet Topic: dynamic cascading
     Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 11:46am

Hello CR Gurus,

I have a report where I have to allow users to select records for a div, region, and city.
a div can have multiple regions. a region can have multiple city or not have any value.
I created a dynamic parameter.
 
Problem: I have to select a City even though it does not have a value.
How can I not select a value for City and only make selection for div and region?
 
Thank you
IP IP Logged
TheReportGuy
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote TheReportGuy Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 6:29am

i would union my div-region-city view to a distinct div-region-'all' view so that you would have atleast one value for every div-region combination even if there are no cities.

At the report or stored proc level you would have to code some logic to handle the 'all' value for cities.
IP IP Logged
fusion
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Quote fusion Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 8:47am

Report Guy,

Thank you. Part of my report is having a dynamic parameter where I could select All and then get all the cities.
Is this possible? If yes, How?
I am only using crystal reports. I am aware that having a Stored proc or query in the command object will not allow me to select a value from the dropdown in dynamic promt.
Correct me if I am wrong.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum