Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Printing Labels Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
werdna27
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote werdna27 Replybullet Topic: Printing Labels
     Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 11:10am
I'm having a problem printing labels using Crystal Reports. I'm trying to print to a sheet of labels. The sheet contains 30 labels. 3 columns and 10 rows.

There isn't a problem when I print to a brand new full page of labels. The problem I'm having is trying to print to a page of labels that has some of the labels all ready used.

For example, I printed yesterday on a brand new sheet of labels. I used up the first 5 rows and the 1st column of the 6th row. Today I want to continue printing but I now want to start on the 2nd column of the 6th row and continue printing until the end of the sheet of labels.

Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance.

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 11:21am
I've messed around with this idea b/c there isn't an easy way to do this. I used a .NET application to create a set of dummy records that are empty. They get printed first and effectively skip over the blank labels.

If you are good with SQL, you could create a table with empty records in it but have a counter field that goes from 1 to 30. Then join this table to your data with a UNION statement and have a WHERE clause which says ID <= # Lablels to skip (this could be a report parameter).

It's tricky, and requires good skills with SQL, but I think this would work for you.

I cover SQL tips and tricks as well as how to make complex recordsets using the UNION keyword in chapters 10 and 11 of my Encyclopedia book. You can find out more about my books at Amazon.com or reading the Crystal Reports eBooks online.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum