Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Hide 1st page of report containing subreports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
pswanson
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote pswanson Replybullet Topic: Hide 1st page of report containing subreports
     Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 10:08am
I'm new to Crystal Reports (using version XI), and need a bit of direction.

I've created a report that consists of several subreports. There is no main report. The purpose of this report is to consolidate several individual reports of revenue for different types of training, and combine the totals to provide a Grand Total of revenue for the given period. I have all that working.

But when printing the report, the first page has only the report header and footer, and since there are no details from a main report the details area is blank. I would like to suppress printing the details on the main report. I have tried using the Section Expert and ticked Hide and Suppress for the Details section, but I still get the first page with just a Report Header and Page Footer.

Any tips would be appreciated.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 12:35pm
Have you tried suppressing the report header and footer and page header and footer sections?
 
Basically, everything should be suppressed except the sections where your subreports are located.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
pswanson
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote pswanson Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 12:48pm
Thank you Dell!

Suppressing the Report Header (along with the Details) was what I was missing. I added the text I was using for the Report Header to the Page Header, and that shows up at the top of each page, which I like. Now the first page includes the first page of the first sub-report.

Perfect! Thanks again!
______________

 Paul Swanson
 Portland, OR
 USA
______________
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum