Topic: Error Message Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 4:20am
Hello,
I am recieving an error message which is login failed, the message which is displayed is "Unable to login to datasource"
I am getting this when i connect my Data (DAO), then select my file and enter Excel 97 in database. When I then click next I am prompted with a username and password. This is where I am stuck because im not to sure, do you have to have full user rights? Or is there a way around this?
Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 8:30am
Can you open the file normally, without going thru CR? If you douyble clikc on the file andf you are asked for a name and password then it's been file protected by Office.
no i can open the file nomally, its strange because if i open a report that came with crystal reports and leave that in the backgraound i am then able to open my file.
Its giving me a real bad had lol.
Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 8:54am
I agree that's odd about opening a report and being able to open that spreadsheet. What happens when you try to open the spreadsheet normally? Does it ask for a username and password or does it do something else? If it asks for the username and password, do you have that? If so you can open it then you may be able to unpassword the file. If not you may have to find an app tha twill get you past the password so you can unprotect the file.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum