Topic: Can I Create a Report from Code Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 6:10am
I'm stuck and need some help please.
I'm new to CR reporting and working from CR and .NET Programming book which I purchased a few days ago.
I want to know if I can create a report that I can customise from code only. I want to do this at runtime. Can it be done? If so how? What page in the book should I be looking?
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 6:50pm
Are you saying that you want to do report customization during runtime? Thus, you want to take a report object and add/delete report objects using programming code? If so, you can get CR XI Developer or the new CR 2008 and they allow you to do this.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 6:51pm
Oh yeah - I cover this in Chapter 20 of my .NET book. But this was for the older version of CR and you need it for either CR XI or CR 2008. You should check the help files for each version.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum