Topic: Check record/customer info availability from diffe Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 10:13pm
Hello group,
I am facing problem in checking information from two different files. I have two different files (A & B) which have customer information, I want to put the condition check record from file(A) if record not found then check the same record from file(B) and show the result in a variable. Please let me know if anybody has done thanks in advance.
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 3:27pm
I would do an outer join with the two tables and link them on the Customer Id. That way you will see if both tables either have the data or if one of the fields has a null value. You can use a formula to determine to print the one that isn't null.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Thank you very much; I am very new to Crystal report. Used the left outer join it is working fine, kindly write the formula to print. Currently I did the fields overlap.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum