Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Keep Group Together Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Denny
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Denny Replybullet Topic: Keep Group Together
     Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 2:15pm
 I am using Crystal Report version  XI.
 
I have 3 groups on my report.
 
In order to keep group together :
 
Right click on Group Section on design mode, 
   
click on  Change Group
 
Options Tab:  Check box   'keep group together'.
 
 
This tool works  for first 2 groups only.
 
I need to keep  each of  3 groups together.
 
How I can solve this problem?
 
Thank you very much in advance.
 
 
Denny.
 


Edited by Denny - 03 Apr 2008 at 2:21pm
IP IP Logged
jon2ryhme
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Apr 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Quote jon2ryhme Replybullet Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 3:59am

The option for keeping a group together attempts to prevent one section of the group from being orphaned on a separate page. Where possibe crystal reports tries to display the complete group on the same page. In any case where crystal reports is unable to fit all of the records on the same page, it places the records on separate pages, even with this setting turned on.

Edited by jon2ryhme - 04 Apr 2008 at 4:01am
IP IP Logged
Denny
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Denny Replybullet Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 6:15am
Thank you, thank you!!! I really mean it!
 
I tried to avoid the problem  to allocate the highest

hierarchy group on new page turning keep group together option off for this group.

 I  Use section expert; new page before this group; condition:- not OnFrstrecord.
It works mostly of  time, but sometimes the group header being placed on the top of new page and the rest of data from this group goes to next page leaving previuos page  having only Group Header. Is there anything I can do about it?

 

Thanks again.

Denny
IP IP Logged
jon2ryhme
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Apr 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Quote jon2ryhme Replybullet Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 6:58am

Try New Page After option.

Remove Keep Together option for all the groups and in Section Expert --> in highest
hierarchy group footer --> choose New Page After option instead of New page before. In New Page After use the

          Condition : not OnLastRecord
                      and
                     {highest
hierarchy group Column name} <> Next({highest
hierarchy group Column name})

This will print each group on a new page with header.

you can use the Keep Together setting to insert the page break before record begins so that all the data is printed together on the following page.

I hope this helps you!!







Edited by jon2ryhme - 04 Apr 2008 at 6:59am
IP IP Logged
Denny
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Apr 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Denny Replybullet Posted: 04 Apr 2008 at 9:31am

I cannot thank you enough!

Denny.

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum