Topic: Independent reports as subreports Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 6:22am
Hi,
I know a lot has been written about merging multiple reports using subreports, but I can not get it to work the way I need it to.
My situation:
I have three seperate reports with page header, groups and page footer sections. "All" I need to do is combine those three standalone reports into one report.
My first problem; if I include the reports as subreports in a fourth report the page footer sections gets changed to reportFooterSections. I have tried adding the reports in the report header/page header or seperate detail sections without success.
Can anybody help me combining the three reports into one? What would be the best way of doing it/is it possible at all?
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 4:02pm
To trick CR into showing your Page Headers and Page Footers you have to create a fake group field and make this Group #1 so that it surrounds the whole report. Then put the report objects in the Group Header and Group Footer sections. The fake group formula is:
WhileReadingRecords; "";
I discuss this trick on page 350 of my Encyclopedia book and more subreport tips and tricks throughout Chapter 9. You can find out more about my books at
Amazon.com
or reading the Crystal
Reports eBooks online.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
I have AKMOST the same problem, but in my case i have three report headers... In the first one I have the Logo, the second one a Cross Tab and a sub report, the third one a another cross tabs. I cant seem to get why this three parts where showing in separate pages. I wanted them to appear in a single page if possible. SInce most of my CrossTabs and Subreports have crosstabs i cannot put them in different part of my report. Please help me..
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum