Joined: 28 Mar 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: counts in headers Posted: 28 Mar 2008 at 9:42am
I am working on a status report where there is a summary of wins/ losses. etc. in a group header. That part was easy, I created a if ..then 1 else 0 formula and summed the formula. The problem is I need to do a percentage of these counts to the total records in the group. I can't seem to get the summary into the formula to do the percent calculation. When I try to pull a summary into the formula it generates an error "There must be a group that matches this field"
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 28 Mar 2008 at 9:53am
Please post the formula you tried to use. With that I can see what might be wrong and suggest some corrections.
Also, when you use summary functions (sum, count, etc.) in your formula, the format is like this:
sum({field/formula being summed}, {group field or formula})
"{group field or formula}" is optional. If it's not used, then you get the grand totals for the report. If it is used, you MUST use a field or formula that you've set a group on.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum