Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 6:33pm
What is RTReset? Is this a custom function? It looks like it is expecting a number and not a string.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 10 Mar 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 7:14pm
I was hoping you would know what RTReset is? I didn't write the report but I have been asked to see if I can figure out what the issue is. I don't know what RTReset is but I was thinking it was some sort of a built-in function that I was unaware of. I don't see it anywhere in the report but I did get a couple of references when I googled it, including googling "Crystal Reports RTReset". One of those responses was vague and the other one (Experts Exchange) needed a subscription fee to view.
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 8:30pm
I'm on Experts Exchange and I found the post you're talking about. It was a formula that someone wrote to reset a running total formula (hence R.T. Reset). It's not built-in for CR. I would look at your program for functions (since it accepts a value) and see if it is declared there. Either way, it sounds like you need to pass it a number (even though we have no idea what it represents).
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 28 Mar 2008 at 8:40am
Custom functions can only be called from a formula. They can't be dragged and dropped directly onto a report. So you have to open the Formula Workshop window (i.e. edit an existing formula) and in the top left corner you'll see 'Report Custom Functions'. Expand it and you'll see the custom function there and you can click on it to edit it.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum