Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Forcing multiple copies... Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
imillicit
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote imillicit Replybullet Topic: Forcing multiple copies...
     Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 4:08am
I am attempting to define a report that will automatically print three copies of a delivery note, one for us, one for the customer and one for the courier.

Ideally, I'd like the pages to display text describing which copy it is.

Since all copies are virtually identical, I had thought of using a sub-report and calling it with a comma separated list such as "1,2,3" - maybe within the subreport, I could then split this list into the distinct values and set these as a group. Partially formed thought... don't know the practicality of this approach.
IP IP Logged
imillicit
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote imillicit Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 8:51am
Although I haven't solved it yet, I'm now importing the original report into a new report three times in the details section, while setting the page footer to display appropriate text based on the page number.

It seems promising and might work, if I can figure out exactly how to get the original report's parameters through to the subreports.

Currently receiving #0656 "Operation Illegal on linked parameter"
IP IP Logged
imillicit
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote imillicit Replybullet Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 10:03am
Now solved.

The issue with the linked parameter was because I was trying to explicitly pass the parameters to the subreport.

But as the subreport used to be the master report, it already had params of the same name so I could leave the link as implied only.

I also had issues with the pagination as I was trying to force breaks before each details section this interfered with the forced page break after the page footer, sometimes putting in two. I resolved this by making the subreport too big for more than one to appear on a page, forcing clean breaks.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum