Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Group Resutls by a Formula?? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dkotenoglou
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Oct 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote dkotenoglou Replybullet Topic: Group Resutls by a Formula??
     Posted: 25 Mar 2008 at 8:39am
I will admit that my Crystal Report skills are okay, so I will say what I want to do rather than try to explain how I am doing it.

I am trying to measure the number of tickets created by my group that is closed on the same day it was created.  This is a measure of my team's success.  I have the following fields.

To make things more fun, this is a Notes Backend so I have to make all of the condition changes.

Parameter Field for a Date Range that is entered on the Database.
The Date when the Ticket was created
The Date when the Ticket was closed
A unique serial number field that is automatically created
Who Closed the Request, if it was closed.

I want my report to look like this


Tech 1      xxx
Tech 2     xxx
Tech 3     xxxx
.....
Total Closed on same day     Sum of all xxxx's
Total Opened in the Range   yyyyy
Percentage of same day closure    xxxxx/yyyyy  %

Groups are not working like I want it to be, but I will try again.  I have not tried Running Totals yet.

Any advice?


IP IP Logged
dkotenoglou
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Oct 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote dkotenoglou Replybullet Posted: 25 Mar 2008 at 9:21am
Okay so I did the following I created a formula that would see if the Status of of the issue was Closed AND that the Date Opened is equal to the Date Closed.  Not bad, but I now end up with 2 sections.  Issues that are closed on the same day and everything else.

How can I ignore them WITHOUT removing the values.  I would like to get a grand total of all the values, but I only want details on the the Formulas I am looking for.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 25 Mar 2008 at 2:05pm
I talk about this in Chapter 3 of my Encyclopedia book. When using groups, the grand total will still list everything that gets excluded. So you can suppress the data you don't want to show and it is still part of the grand total.

You can find out more about my books at Amazon.com or reading the Crystal Reports eBooks online.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
dkotenoglou
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Oct 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote dkotenoglou Replybullet Posted: 26 Mar 2008 at 5:49am
Originally posted by BrianBischof

I talk about this in Chapter 3 of my Encyclopedia book. When using groups, the grand total will still list everything that gets excluded. So you can suppress the data you don't want to show and it is still part of the grand total.

You can find out more about my books at Amazon.com or reading the Crystal Reports eBooks online.


Thanks,

I think I am asking alot here, so I was able to accomplish what I needed using Running Totals and hiding the Details of the Report.

However I will look into one of your books since I am clearly running to the end of my knowledge here.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum