Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Export CRXI to Different Tabs in an Excel Template Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Chrispy1
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote Chrispy1 Replybullet Topic: Export CRXI to Different Tabs in an Excel Template
     Posted: 25 Mar 2008 at 6:44am
Hey all....
 
Here's my dilemma...I'm building a report that will be distributed to the management on at least 15 different tabs, and the first tab and then the first 9 rows on each tab thereafter are all formulae.  I need to have the dispatchers in my group be able to run this through CRXI where they pick they 5 parameters, hit the button and poof! it's there as a complete workbook.  The Excel part is easy, and the CRXI Report part is easy; what I'm having extreme difficulty with is figuring out how to have the reports export to where I want them within the Excel template.  I've started reading up on XML, but that doesn't look like it's going to work.  I was going to have the dispatchers pull each report separately, but when you're looking at 15 individual reports over 30 Contractors for every month, that is a little bit of stupidity. 
There are lots of people here who are a helluva lot smarter than I am, so I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions.
Thanks!!!!
Chris
There are 10 type of people in the world - Those that understand binary and those that don't.
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 25 Mar 2008 at 9:36pm
I haven't seen this before, but there are CR tools out there that control how reports are exported to PDF and Excel. Google this to see if the tools get you what you need.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum