Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 70
Topic: Simplest Formula - Wrong Result Posted: 25 Mar 2008 at 5:20am
I'm using
if {field1} = "this_string" then {field2}
to display two columns in a report seperately, which are previously showed by a single currency column with the type identified next to it by "this string". So the display method is just the other way round.
However, this simple formula comes out with £0.00 for both columns, as if the the result is boolean - true / false? Have I got the wrong syntax? I wanted the value out (field2) and can't see why that doesn't work!
When "this_string" is different things it should give relevant values. The formula is copied with various strings in there...
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum