Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Multiple Selection Display issue Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
krpmsit
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Quote krpmsit Replybullet Topic: Multiple Selection Display issue
     Posted: 17 Mar 2008 at 8:31am
Hello,
 
I am using parameter in Crystal XI. I am allowing to select multiple values.
Still this point its working fine.
 
When i am calling into the page. its showing the First value which one selected. But its not showing all the values.
 
Example
I have selected 1) Tiger 2)Lion 3) Zibra
But its showing "Tiger" only not showing the remain.
 
Kindly help me on this topic.
 
Regards
K. Rajapandian
IP IP Logged
krpmsit
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 06 Feb 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Quote krpmsit Replybullet Posted: 17 Mar 2008 at 9:13am
Hi
 
I got the solution, below the solution for future developers.
I have created formula field.
 
Local stringVar strVal := '';
Local numberVar intLoop;
for intLoop := 1 to Count({?Parameter1}) do
(
if Count({?Parameter1}) = 0 then Exit For;
if intLoop = 1 then strVal := strVal & {?Parameter1} [intLoop];
if intLoop > 1 then strVal := strVal & ', ' & {?Parameter1} [intLoop];
);
strVal
Regards
K. Rajapandian
IP IP Logged
kkcsrao
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 19 Mar 2008
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote kkcsrao Replybullet Posted: 20 Mar 2008 at 2:04am
Hi,
 
I guess you can just use JOIN function in a formula instead of all those statements and place it in the report
i.e. join(?parameter,',')
The parameter values can be delimited by comma or wat ever required
kc
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum