I have some manual running totals where the variables start losing their values on a page break.
This is kind of involved, but here goes.
This report is made up of of five groups, #1 is Sales Manager, #2 Salesperson, #3 Customer, #4 Item Group and #5 Item. It shows 4 periods that are date ranges, such as Nov 1 to 30, Dec 1 to 31 and so on. These are entered by the user in 4 parameter date fields and can be anthing. The values displayed in each period are Qty Sold and Amt Sold.
The display of values goes like this:
Sales Manger: TOM
Salesperson: JOE
Customer: ABC Company
Item Group: 1000
(Average) Per1Qty Per1Amt Per2Qty Per2Amt
Item ID: 1001 10 200 5 100
1002 2 500 4 1000
1003 1 150 1 150
Footer
Item Group: (Sum) 13 850 10 1250
I chose an RT field (not manual) to first calculate the average value because of the Date Range Parameter. The RT allows me to Evaluate based on a formula, i.e., the date range parameters.
But once the Average is returned, to sum the average values I put a variable in CSS Class Name formating of the RT to capture the RT Value into a variable. I then do a manual RT with a START formula field (set variable to 0), the RT formula, and finally the display formula. The variables are Global.
This works great.
Here's the problem. I need to continue totaling these values into the groups going down, i.e., Customer, Salesperson and Sales Manger.
Customer works well. Here I created a second set of 3 manual RT formulas and added a new totaling variable, but used the original average variable again for totaling.
But when I do this a third time on Salesperson it will work only intermittently. Sometimes it's fine, others it will reset to 0 on the next page. Then, if I refresh and page through again, the numbers will appear the next time, or maybe not.
Does anyone know if variables have a limit as to how far they can be used? Or is there a better technique to summing an average RT field.
Thanks
Tim