Joined: 13 Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Topic: Crystal only allowing a left join Posted: 13 Mar 2008 at 10:35am
Hi,
I need to perform a RIGHT OUTER JOIN, however, when I select right (or even full) from the Database 'Expert' I am always given a left just when I look at the SQL query directly (and it doesn't work when I plug it into SQL Server).
Has anyone come across this before? Is there a solution other than exposing the data via a View and replacing all my fields, which would take a VERY long time.
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 13 Mar 2008 at 11:08am
What database are you using? I've seen problems with joins when you're not using SQL Server. For example, MS Access allows Left and Right outer joins, but not a full outer join. Also, try using the ODBC driver b/c that sometimes exposes more functionality to Crystal database library.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 13 Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 14 Mar 2008 at 1:34am
Hi,
I'm using SQL Express. I can copy the SQL into the DBMS and it runs (albiet with wrong results) but I need the LEFT JOIN to be a RIGHT JOIN. The tables are being pulled from the database via the database expert (not via a command in crystal or a view in the DBMS) and joined by Crystal.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 14 Mar 2008 at 1:47pm
Try Reversing the direction of the join - right-click on the join and select "Reverse Link". Then you can make it a Left Outer and it should work because the table that you now have on the right of the join will then be on the left.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum