Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: regroup problem after converting the date Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Janvier
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Location: France
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Janvier Replybullet Topic: regroup problem after converting the date
     Posted: 07 Mar 2008 at 6:26am
hello, every one
I met a problem when I worked on software Crystal Report XI I have a tablle " reservation " from which a column "dates" under forms caracter(for exemple 15/11/2007(french expression, means 2007 nov.15). in oder to convert it to date dorms, I have use an expression named " formatdate " " cdate (cdbl (Split ({reservation. DATE}, " / ") [3]), cdbl (Split ({reservation. DATE}-, " / ") [2]), cdbl (Split ({reservation. DATE}, " / ") [1])) and then to show the month only and year, cstr ({@formatdate}, " MMMM yyyy "), everything is okay.
but when I want to regroup by yearandmonths,I got the problem. the software return  automatically to the form "formatdate", it says the part Split ({reservation. DATED}, "/") [3] " an indication must be understood between 1 and the size of the picture ". I am  not be able to resolve this  problem...if somebody can help me....
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum