Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Passing input Dates in a Crystal Report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
preethig
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote preethig Replybullet Topic: Passing input Dates in a Crystal Report
     Posted: 03 Mar 2008 at 1:27am

Hi all,

I am using Crystal reports 8.5 to develop my report. I use the the Crystal report Enterprise Version 8.0 to view my reports in the IE 6.0 Web browser.
I communicate to the Crystal Enterprise through my Active Server Pages.(ASP 3.0)

From my asp page redirect to the url
I use response.redirect

Here is an example URL:

http://Domain/Directory/Report.rpt?&prompt0=Value
my url request is

Response.Redirect("report.rpt?&prompt0=" & some random value & "&prompt1=" & DateField & "&prompt2 =" & DateField  )

and I use "sf " query string parameter for passing new selection criteria

Problem:
 Even after passing the input date parameters as the parameter values for the parameter "Prompt1" and "Prompt2" in my Active Server Page, on launch of the Crystal report in the Crystal enterprise Viewer, the Crystal reports' Dialog still prompts the user to give input dates.

Need Solution for:
 I should be able to pass the date parameter values from the ASP page and susequently, the crystal dialog should not be prompted to get the input dates.
Kindly suggest a solution.

Thanks in advance!!
Preethi 
 



Edited by preethig - 03 Mar 2008 at 8:57pm
IP IP Logged
Iago
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 01 Oct 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 52
Quote Iago Replybullet Posted: 06 Mar 2008 at 2:45pm
Could this be an issue with Date verse datetime?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum