Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Multiple Datasources Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
TheReportGuy
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote TheReportGuy Replybullet Topic: Multiple Datasources
     Posted: 04 Mar 2008 at 1:25pm
Hi all,
 
I wanted to add extra functionality to my reports so that it calls a webservice to determine if the datawarehouse is loading or not. Based on this answer I want to continue querying the other datasources for data or stop the report all together (returning a blank report).
 
Basically I want to do this...
 
If "loading" Then
    Dont query the database and generate a blank report
Else
    Generate the report as usual
 
Is this possible to do in CR without it having to read all the data first? Or am I better off inserting this logic into my stored proc?
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 04 Mar 2008 at 1:39pm
I personally don't know how to do this in Crystal. I would do it in the stored procedure. However, my concern is that the stored procedure could still return an empty recordsource if the web service stays busy.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Iago
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 01 Oct 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 52
Quote Iago Replybullet Posted: 06 Mar 2008 at 2:42pm
Business Objects Enterprise / Edge and the Old Crystal Enterprise have an option to schedule a report with an Event.  One such event is a file event.  When the File appears then the schedule runs the report or report object package.
 
The last step in the ETL job is to copy a file to the folder that is being watched by the BOE server.
 
It is also possible to string groups of reports together using these events.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum