Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Group Total Needed For Pct Of Total In Detail Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Debh
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Debh Replybullet Topic: Group Total Needed For Pct Of Total In Detail
     Posted: 03 Mar 2008 at 12:55pm
Great site! Anyway I have a report which is grouped by project. I need to sum the total time for the project. The detail will show requests within this project. On the detail line I need to show the request total time and the percent of the total project. Is there a way to get the sum of the projects and use it in the pct formula in the detail? Thanks!
 
 
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 03 Mar 2008 at 1:15pm
You can use the Sum() function in the denominator.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Debh
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Debh Replybullet Posted: 03 Mar 2008 at 2:21pm

Thanks for the response. The detail request time is a string so I created a formula which converts it to a number. The field is named ProjTotEst. I created the pct formula this way: {@ProjTotEst} / sum({@ProjTotEst}) and inserted it onto my detail line. The percent doesn't calculate but shows up as a zero. I am new to Crystal so please excuse my ignorance. Confused

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum