Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Export to Excel, report with subreport Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
yggdrasil
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Quote yggdrasil Replybullet Topic: Export to Excel, report with subreport
     Posted: 26 Feb 2008 at 6:11am
I have a feeling there was a question about this once before, but I can't find it now.
I have a report where there is a one-to-many link to another table, and i have to use the latest value from this table each time.
I have used a subreport to find this and it is in the detail line of the report, (returning just the one value).
This report has to be exported to Excel, and when I do that, the subreport field appears on a separate line, not at all where it is placed on the report.
I have tried it both at the beginning of the line, and at the end, either way it messes up the spreadsheet.
Is there any way to make it appear on the same spreadsheet row?
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 6:28am
Hi,
 
Where is subreport Placed please let me know..........
 
Cheers
Rahul
IP IP Logged
Savan
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Dec 2007
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 162
Quote Savan Replybullet Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 10:06pm

In the report export options, select  "column width based on objects with in the" option as details section, so that the width of columns in excel will be as per the column width in detail section of your crystal report. i think this may solve your problem

Thanks
Savan
IP IP Logged
yggdrasil
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Quote yggdrasil Replybullet Posted: 28 Feb 2008 at 6:26am
I already have it set that way. It gets the subreport on the same line when I use the main Excel export option, but then all the rows are completely messed up, with empty rows and the headers misaligned.
We use the Excel(data only) option.
This report has groups  and headings, and except for the subreport, produces a very useable report with each detail line, and headers and footers, on its own row, properly lined up.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum