Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Formula for a specific creteria Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
BusyAnalyst
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote BusyAnalyst Replybullet Topic: Formula for a specific creteria
     Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 11:38am
I have two fields - one is Annual Qty. Est. (which is the numbers of
project engines for a particular application), and a field call Engine
Manufacturer . I want to know the Annual Qty. Est. of engines just for
"Honda". How do I write a formula (or any other thing that will get me
these results) that will show me this. I would like this information
to be in the Report Header. Is there any way I can get some help?
IP IP Logged
jkwrpc
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 432
Quote jkwrpc Replybullet Posted: 26 Feb 2008 at 5:31am
If you did have an answer you might consider creating a parameter or parameters to use for record selection. These can be passed to record selection process
 
Doing this will allow you to pass the value for 'Honda' or some other manufacturer name to the record selection formula.  Your report will then only contain the information for that specific make of engine.
 
You did not say which version of CR you are using. How to do this is generally well described in the help file for CR. I have been working with what are called dynamic cascading parameters or DCP's recently. In that case I found Brian's new most recent book very helpful. If you dont own a copy a my consider buying one.
 
Hope this will get you pointed in the right direction.
 
Regards,
 
John W.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum