Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: problem with DCP Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
skitzz
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote skitzz Replybullet Topic: problem with DCP
     Posted: 12 Feb 2008 at 5:23pm
I am having an issue with my DCP.  I keep getting the following error message:
 
Prompting failed with the following error message: "List of values Failure: Fail to get values. [cause of error: buffer too small for string or missing null byte.
UNKNOWN.RPT]'.
 
I'm using XI.  I'm in the early stages of creating some reports and I have it reading from an XML file that is sitting on a shared drive.   It works fine until i run the parameter.  I tried the tutorial and that seems to work fine.  evrything looks good until I hit preview and i get the mesage above. anybody know what this is?  I'm not very technical as i'm a finance person by trade in case that matters...
 
 
IP IP Logged
skitzz
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote skitzz Replybullet Posted: 13 Feb 2008 at 10:50am
Also, if i hit refresh (F5) i get the same error message. Not sure if this helps or not...
 
And i forgot to add in my first post  hat at the bottom of the error message is the following code:
 
Error source: Prompt.dll  Error code:0x8004380D
 
 
IP IP Logged
skitzz
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote skitzz Replybullet Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 4:49pm
Anybody here?  anybody else having issues with DCPs?  I cant imagine i am the only one with this issue...
 
BTW, I am trying to use this with the enterprise BO server.  Howver, i can't publish my report until i get this DCP thing squared away.  My report works fine without the parameter...So there is nothing wrong with my report. Just an issue with running my parameter. help, please!
IP IP Logged
senprabu
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Jul 2009
Location: Singapore
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote senprabu Replybullet Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 2:13am
Skitzz,
 
You are not just the one, me too. The support forum for CR sucks.
Very bad support.
 
S
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum