Joined: 24 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: Print a detail line even if there is no match Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 1:26pm
I'm new to Crystal XI .. I've used Crystal in the past but one of the very early verisons. My question is how do I still print a detail line even if there is no match found between my linked tables? Presently I have two tables .. one is an MS SQL table and the other is an excel spreadsheet. The first column in the spreadsheet is populated with part numbers and is used as the link to the SQL table to pick up the detail about the part. If the user that is entering the data in the spreadsheet has a typo and no match is found in the SQL table .. Crystal does not print a detail line.. I would like it to print a detail line anyway with a message saying something like "Item not Found".. has anyone done something similar to this?
Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Posted: 26 Feb 2008 at 12:41am
Hi,
You can create a formula to check if the field in excel i.e. partnumbers match with partnumber in sql table if they don't match display message "Item Not Found" ,Place the formula in details section....
formula
IF EXCELPARTNUMBER <> SQLPARTNUMBER then
"Item not Found"
Cheers
Rahul
Edited by rahulwalawalkar - 26 Feb 2008 at 12:41am
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum