Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Setting up Parameter Fields Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Jblain
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Jblain Replybullet Topic: Setting up Parameter Fields
     Posted: 08 Feb 2008 at 10:24am
Quick question... I have a Report that I have to enter 1000's of numbers. Is there a way within the parameter field I can set it to allow comma's?
 
Right now I have to copy the number from excel and past it into the parameter field. The hit the button to add to the list of numbers to run the report from and copy another number and so on.
 
If the parameter field would allow a comma I could do one big paste.
 
Hope someone can help!! Thanks!
Jblain
IP IP Logged
Iago
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 01 Oct 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 52
Quote Iago Replybullet Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 12:06pm
I am not sure if I understand your question.  However it may be possible to place your list of numbers in a table and then use an inner join as a filter.
 
It is best that your join use the same connection, if performance is not an issue, you should be able to use the excel document as a second datasource. 
IP IP Logged
Jblain
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Jblain Replybullet Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 1:49pm
I just found an answer last week or so. Thought I would post it for anyone that may wonder.
 
"
Make the parameter a string and that way it accepts a comma delimited list of numbers. The record selection filter to test if a number is in the list, use the following sample code:
CStr({table.yourfield},"#") IN Split({?parameter},",");
 
"
 
Thanks for your help.
Jblain
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum