Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Suppress (No Drill Down) formula & related formula Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dfolzenlogen
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Quote dfolzenlogen Replybullet Topic: Suppress (No Drill Down) formula & related formula
     Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 8:17pm

I have a formula called LegaDescription as follows:

 

if length ({@LongLegal})>355 then

"See Exhibit ""A"" Attached hereto and made a part hereof" else

{@LongLegal}

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The LongLegal formula referenced above is:

 

{Striker.LEGAL} &

IIF(IsNull({Striker.Legal2}), "", {Striker.Legal2}) &

IIF(IsNull({Striker.Legal3}), "", {Striker.Legal3}) &

IIF(IsNull({Striker.Legal4}), "", {Striker.Legal4}) &

IIF(IsNull({Striker.Legal5}), "", {Striker.Legal5}) &

IIF(IsNull({Striker.Legal6}), "", {Striker.Legal6})

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have Exhibit “A” set up in a section with the following Suppress (No Drill Down) formula:

 

Length({Striker.LEGAL}+{Striker.Legal2}+{Striker.Legal3}+{Striker.Legal4}+{Striker.Legal5}+{Striker.Legal6})<=355

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both the LegalDescription and the LongLegal formulas are embedded in text fields

 

When I place each of the legal fields individually on the contract form – the form is populated with the data.  However, when I place the formula fields on the contract form – the form is not populated with the data?

 

I had this working at one time when I only had 1 legal description field.

 

Any ideas?

IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 23 Feb 2008 at 8:29pm
I'm thinking that you need to test for null in the Suppress formula as well. If a formula has a null value in it, then it always fails.

Easier yet, go under Report | Options adn set the property 'Use Default Value for Nulls". This makes null strings return and empty string and makes many problems go away.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum