Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Topic: Report Question Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 3:35pm
Guys,
One of the Field on the Report default value is "Select". If there is no value in that field i am getting the value as "Select" on the Report. I want to leave the field blank if it is "Select". I am using the IF Condition but it is not working. Any idea.
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 4:14pm
Where are you setting the default value to be "Select"? In this formula, or somewhere else?
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 8:52pm
Interesting. I thought you found some new way to get CR to insert default values that I didn't know about.
The formula is trying to overwrite the value of the database field and you can't do this. You just have to make the formula return the proper value and then put the formula on the report where you previously had the database field located. Then the report displays the formula value rather than the database field.
if {tbl1.te} = "Select" then
"" else {tbl1.te}
I have three chapters about writing formulas with plenty of sample code in my book Crystal Reports Encyclopedia.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum