Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Using Data outside Crystal Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
MKnepper
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote MKnepper Replybullet Topic: Using Data outside Crystal
     Posted: 18 Feb 2008 at 10:44am
I'm trying to create what I'm calling a "Load" or "Capacity" report to help identify over/under capacity issues by workcenter.  The report will calculate load/capacity if there is something due out of that workcenter for that day.  At this point all current calculations are working well.
 
What I want to add are "work days".  I would like to have it calculate load/capacity if it is a work day even if there is nothing due on a specific day.
 
I'm unable to find anything within CR that will define a "work day".  So, what I was trying to do was create an Excel file that included all work days, then use that data to enter a new calculation in the CR.
 
Does anyone know how to do that?  Or is there a way within CR to access a "work day"?
 
Thank you for your help.
MKnepper
IP IP Logged
HiloFish
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote HiloFish Replybullet Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 2:59pm
you can do this with an excel spreadsheet but you have to be able to link something within your DB to the data in the excel spreadsheet. (date, maybe?) To add an excel file use the Add Database to report and choose the excel file you created for this.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum