Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: crystal reports designer Vs Crystal Rpts for .Net Posted: 11 Feb 2008 at 9:37am
Hi,
I have recently done a course on crystal reports XI designer. It covered, in detail, how to create a report, adv.formula,parameters,DCP,cross tab,sub reports,alerts etc.
When i visited the CR related forums, like this one, CR for.net is also being discussed. I am not able to understand the CR.net concepts(like Crstal report viewer control etc..)
My question is, Is there is any demand for crystal report XI designer as such,(in usa mkt) or do i need to know CR for .net to increase my job opportunities.
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 12 Feb 2008 at 11:08pm
CR XI and CR.NET have two totally different audiences. If you are a programmer, you can create applications and integrate reports into the application. If you're a business user, you would use CR XI to create reports directly from the database and most likely export them to a PDF file. I recommend learning CR XI first and go from there. To find job opportunities, I would search Monster.com
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum