I was volunteered to put together a book honoring the 50th anniversary of a youth football league. The PC with all the info on it had Crystal Reports (which no one knew how to use) installed on it. I have played around with it and have gotten all but 1 item taken care of. It is the record book section. I am looking for it to look something like the following:
Wins, All-Time
302 Team C
287 Team A
268 Team E
251 Team B
244 Team D
Point Allowed, Fewest, Season
13 Team A
14 Team E
33 Team C
41 Team C
44 Team B
Rushing Touchdowns, Season, Individual
41 Smith, Team A
35 Jones, Team C
33 Green, Team D
31 White, Team A
30 Black, Team B
30 Blue, Team C
30 Gray, Team A
Here are the three things that I haven’t been able to figure out:
1. At the bottom of the page, if a record will be broken across pages, I would like for it to print the entire record detail on the next page and not break it. I have checked every ‘keep together’ that I can find and it still breaks across.
Like this:
--------- page break --------------
Rushing Touchdowns, Season, Individual
42 Smith, Team A
36 Jones, Team C
34 Green, Team D
32 White, Team A
31 Black, Team B
31 Blue, Team C
31 Gray, Team A
Not this:
Rushing Touchdowns, Season, Individual
42 Smith, Team A
36 Jones, Team B
34 Green, Team D
32 White, Team A
31 Black, Team B
---------------- page break -----------
31 Blue, Team C
31 Gray, Team A
2. Some of the records in the database may have 30 or 40 entries, but the record book should show only the top five records (or a few more if 5th spot has several tied like Rushing Touchdown example above). Can you have Crystal reports only print a certain number of records even there are more available and, if so, how?
3. For most reports, only ascending or descending sort is fine, but in a record book, some should be sorted each way. (ie All-time wins and Fewest Points in above samples). Can you do that in Crystal reports and, if so, how?
Thanks for anything you can tell me.