Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Report Background Image Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bahamaER
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Location: Bahamas
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote bahamaER Replybullet Topic: Report Background Image
     Posted: 12 Feb 2008 at 11:41am
Would like to import an image of a form that would serve as the background of my report.  This will allow me to align the fields properly on the paper version of the report when printed.  

I have tried inserting into a new page header section, and selecting underlay following sections.  The picture is inserted into that section only and pushes down the following sections.  The image is also covering my fields in that section.  

Is there a way to insert in the top section of the report and the image will flow through the other sections, not covering the fields?
IP IP Logged
rahulwalawalkar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 731
Quote rahulwalawalkar Replybullet Posted: 12 Feb 2008 at 12:03pm
Hi ...
 
Go to Page Header Section right click Select Insert Section below this insert new Page Header b insert your image in Page Header A and your field headings in Page Header B.
 
Then Right Click Page Header A and select underlay following sections...
 
Cheers
Rahul
IP IP Logged
bahamaER
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Location: Bahamas
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote bahamaER Replybullet Posted: 12 Feb 2008 at 12:29pm
Hi
 
I have tried that, I would like the background image to display under my group header, footer, details and page footer.  The image is only displayed in the page header and when I try previewing it gives an error message: page header and footer is too large for page.
 
Any ideas?
IP IP Logged
bahamaER
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Location: Bahamas
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote bahamaER Replybullet Posted: 12 Feb 2008 at 12:48pm
It appears to be working now, had to shrink the image a bit, then resize it while previewing.
 
Thanks!
IP IP Logged
bahamaER
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Feb 2008
Location: Bahamas
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote bahamaER Replybullet Posted: 21 Feb 2008 at 7:11am
I have noticed that everytime I save and close the report then open it again background image disappears Confused.  Its like a blank container that is there in place of the image but no image.  I then have to delete the container and reimport the image. 
 
Any ideas?
IP IP Logged
kbrownridge
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 01 Apr 2008
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote kbrownridge Replybullet Posted: 01 Apr 2008 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by bahamaER

I have noticed that everytime I save and close the report then open it again background image disappears Confused.  Its like a blank container that is there in place of the image but no image.  I then have to delete the container and reimport the image. 
 
Any ideas?


I'm having the same issue.
Are you using the full version of Crystal Reports or the one integrated into Visual Studio?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum