| Author |
Message |
PamB
Newbie
Joined: 07 Nov 2018
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
|

Topic: Help with YTD comparisons Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:05am |
|
Hello,
I'm new to Crystal (with no training!), so please pardon the lack of detail/correct terminology in my question.
I work for a manufacturing company and I'd like to show orders booked in 2017, 2018 and 2019 (labeled ORDER_DATE).
I currently have a YTD report for 2019 that I can use; however, when I try to add an ORDER_DATE column for 2017 & 2018 and change the record filter for those two years (I'm using the "between 1/1/2017 and 12/31/2017...same for 2018), it changes ALL of the ORDER_DATE columns.
This seems like it should be so simple, but I cannot figure it out. Frustrating!
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you.
Edited by PamB - 07 Jan 2019 at 9:06am
|
|
Pam
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:28am |
|
Do you have a different table for each year?
|
IP Logged |
|
PamB
Newbie
Joined: 07 Nov 2018
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
|

Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 10:19am |
|
Thank you so much for the response.
I think I see some of the issue already. Here's a little I don't see where I can attach a file here, so I'll try to explain.
The ORDER_DATE table isn't year specific, so I was trying to use the selection expert and enter ORDER_DATE 3 different times; changing the range each time (1/1/17-12/31/17, 1/1/18-12/31/18, etc.).
I now realize that's not what I need at all as that's just the DATE the order was placed; not the total amount for that order. I think this is over my head in a big way!
Is there a way for me to send you or attach a file so I can better explain what I'd like to accomplish?
Thanks again for the response!
|
|
Pam
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 2:36am |
|
No files please.
You will have to determine how your data is managed and then someone can help you write a select statement for what you want.
In general you could pull all the records by using a simple select of "ORDER_DATE 3 in date(2017,1,1) to today" but you have to determine what data defines the value you are trying to pull.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|