Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 05 Feb 2008 at 3:05pm
You can't. There are some VERY generic things you can find out about the report, and you can do this by using one of the ReportDocument events. But CR isn't designed to pass it's data to VB.NET once the report starts running.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 06 Feb 2008 at 8:51am
Yes, you can update a database using a stored procedure. However, this is a feature of CR XI and I explain it in the Crystal Reports Encyclopedia book. To be honest, I haven't tried this using .NET yet, and I don't know if it has that functionality in it. Thus, I don't cover it in the .NET Programming book that I have out. I'll have to try it in .NET 2005 and see if it works or not.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum