|
Hi all,
I am trying to create a crystal report that draws from two sources. I do not have access to modify those sources so I am looking for a work around to get what I need done. I am trying to create a schedule that shows a job number and then the date that the job is due. I have one source that draws from our ERP system and has a lot of other data about the job that is nice to also include in the report. Then I have a second source that shows the same job number and a due date.
Now the initial thought is to link these job numbers together and then I can have the due date shown on the report. But here is the problem, the jobs from the first source (from our ERP system) contain two spaces, " ", in front of all the job numbers.
From experimenting I was able to export an excel based on the due date source, added two spaces to the job numbers, and then put back into my report and it linked perfectly. However, I feel that is inefficient, and I am certain that it will not work well since I will have to manually export that excel every time I need it.
I started looking into sub-reports where I create a sub-report off the second source, create a formula to add two spaces, and then have the sub report have the due date.
This worked fine, but I was hoping I may be able to have a way to just show that date on my primary report without having to click into subreport. Also I would like to make formulas off of this date from the primary report if it is at all possible.
So my main question is, Is it possible to create a new link in a table (without going into that source) or is it possible to somehow accomplish it inside the report? I am forced to take this on myself, because the people in charge of the data will not respond or make the necessary fixes.
I am sorry if I was not able to capture my ideas in this text, I am very new to crystal reports and do not know all the proper nomenclature. Any tips or helpful fixes would be very appreciated!
Thanks!
Connor
|
|
Thanks, I will look into that. Most of the databases are protected by our IT department, so since I have not gotten them to help with my report yet, I may not have the access to do it myself. I will definitely look into it though, thanks.
|