Hi all! Top resource this!
Having a few problems at the moment with a report im trying to do.
Heres the lowdown. Its a piece of 'helpdesk' software which logs incidents, changes, and problems. Incidents, changes and problems can have many call notes (mini updates) attached to them.
An Incident (for example) is a 'process'. Along with the others. This report is about incidents only.
Im trying to bring back the incident details, with the last call note if there is one.
Here is the database expert 'links' screen:
Here is the design screen:
I put in a formula in 'group selection' to select the 'max' serial_number from the incident_notes table:
When i preview the report, i get the relevant results back, except the incidents without notes dont appear!

The annoying thing is, it recognises the incidents without notes! See below (incident 1706 is in the pane on the left but not in the report):
Ive set the joins correctly, i.e Left Outer's so it will pull back data properly.. This didnt cure anything

I dont know what else to try??? I understand the joins properly, and i think my formula is working? When i try the report without the formula, it works in that it brings back all the notes relating to one incident and brings back incidents without notes.. But some incidents have 20+ notes and its just messy hence only wanting the latest one.
Does anyone have any idea's? I would be massively grateful for anyhelp!
Regards,
Gary