Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Formula Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Author Message
Robcole
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Location: South Africa
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote Robcole Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2008 at 4:41am
Hi Dell,
I still get an error: "A number, currency amount, or date is required here."
with cursor at ()
(){FlightDetails.Date} -7
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2008 at 6:27am
Remove the '()'.  Is {FlightDetails.Date} defined as a Date or DateTime field in the database or is it a string field?  If it's a string field, you'll have to convert it to a date before the formula will work.
 
I don't remember the syntax off the top of my head, and some of it depends on the format of the data, but look at the Date() function in the help.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Robcole
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Location: South Africa
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote Robcole Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2008 at 9:43pm
Hi Dell,
Sorry, I know I am becoming a pain.
I still receive an error:"A number, currency amount, or date is required here."
With cursor ()
(){FlightDetails.Date} -7
 
Best Regards
Robert
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 03 Feb 2008 at 10:15am
What type of field is {FlightDetails.Date} in your database?
 
-D
IP IP Logged
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum