|
Hi I have a .rpt file that creates a multi page invoice. The file expects a parameter: Invoice_Id. The output is a single possibly multi-page invoice.
The problem is that I need to run the report for 100+ invoices so that I can send it to the printer. At the end of the day I want to end up with a 100+ page PDF containing all the invoices. It is not possible for me to run the single report 100+ times manually.
I tried to construct another .rpt file called (InvoiceList.rpt) that has a simple query such as SELECT Invoice_Id FROM Invoices. Then I removed all the headers and footers, and added the (Invoice.rpt) file as linked sub report passing in the Invoice_Id from the query to it.
In concept this should have worked but the format did not work, margins were not correct, report was cutoff, and any attempt to correct it seems to fail. Is this the best approach or is there another way to do this?
I will need to add the (InvoiceList.rpt) file to my reporting utility that uses the .net crystal reports run time engine in an asp.net site.
Thanks.
|