| Author |
Message |
TorLang
Groupie
Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 50
|

Topic: Extracting part of a string Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 3:30am |
|
I have a text field that looks like this:
Statement Processed, balance of 1156.00 for invoice 3000010004-0001Statement Path - SP After Ins, Step - 3 Self Pay After Ins 1
The string is identical in all records, except the amount 1156.00 changes.
So I need to extract the amount in each record. I suspect I have to use variable in a custom formula, but stuck as to how to get that done. Anyone done something similar before?
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
kevlray
Admin Group
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
|

Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 4:00am |
|
So if the string formatted the same for all records. If so you might be able to do something like this.
left({somestring},instr({somestring},' for')
|
IP Logged |
|
TorLang
Groupie
Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 50
|

Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 5:37am |
|
Half way there. Using your formula, I get everything behind the amount stripped:
Statement Processed, balance of 1156.00
How do I strip what is to the left of the amount? The only thing I need left is:
1156.00
I know, I'm just a pain.....:-)
|
IP Logged |
|
TorLang
Groupie
Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 50
|

Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 6:25am |
|
Got it....thanks.
ExtractString({fieldname}, "of ", " for")
|
IP Logged |
|
kevlray
Admin Group
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
|

Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 7:45am |
|
Forgot about the extractstring. Do not use it very often.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|