| Author |
Message |
CrystalGirl
Newbie
Joined: 22 Feb 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36
|

Topic: Date and days to exclude weekend Posted: 25 May 2016 at 10:10am |
|
Hello,
in my report I have two parameters, @Startdate and @EndDate.
My question is, how do I substract from my @Startdate and @EndDate
and just to get weekdays only? Can Crystal handle this thru the formula?
I can get the total days if I substrack between @Startdate and @EndDate
but I need to get just the weekdays.
For example
if my @Startdate = 05/18/2016 and my @EndDate = 05/25/2016 the the total
days I am expecting to see is: 5 days instead 7 days.
Anyone knows how to write this formula?
Edited by CrystalGirl - 25 May 2016 at 10:10am
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
Valert16
Groupie
Joined: 21 Mar 2016
Location: Spain
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 57
|

Posted: 26 May 2016 at 12:30am |
|
You have an example of doing exactly what you ask for.
This a copy & paste from the CR help for the DateDiff function:
"For example, suppose you want to calculate the number of days between the order date and ship date, excluding Saturdays and Sundays: "
Local DateTimeVar d1 := {Orders.Order Date};
Local DateTimeVar d2 := {Orders.Ship Date};
DateDiff ("d", d1, d2) - DateDiff ("ww", d1, d2, crSaturday) - DateDiff ("ww", d1, d2, crSunday)
|
IP Logged |
|
CrystalGirl
Newbie
Joined: 22 Feb 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36
|

Posted: 26 May 2016 at 3:27am |
|
Valert16,
That's really cool! I am new in Crystal Reports. You are good!
|
IP Logged |
|
CrystalGirl
Newbie
Joined: 22 Feb 2015
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 36
|

Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 1:25pm |
|
Valert16,
Do you know how to update the above working formula if I want to add to exclude the Holiday as well?
Thanks Valert16
Edited by CrystalGirl - 28 Jun 2016 at 1:35pm
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|